The following services are available on this page:
- Send a Work Request. Please remember to fill in all the blanks.
- Read the current newsletter.
- Read the rental criteria guidelines for tenants.
- This website is provided to be in compliance with the City of Tacoma Rental Housing Code Download the rental application in PDF format
To download the rental application, you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. Print the rental application in 4 pages and fill it out. Applications must be signed by the applicants. Other arrangements can be made, please call the office first for instructions. We need picture ID for all adults that are going to live in the house. Please call the office at (253) 581-5199 before submitting the application so we can explain the procedure.
Some do it yourself hints for small common problems around the home.
- How to unclog a disposal
Reset the garbage disposal. Some disposals have a button and some have a wrench. Grease, soft foods, fibrous foods etc. cannot go down a disposal. Run the disposal with water so that everything clears through.
- Slow running faucets
If the water is running slow through the faucets, clean out the aerator.
- Outlet or Lights off in just a couple of rooms
Lights or outlets are off. Unplug anything on that circuit that is not working. Find the electrical box, check the breakers. Or check in the bathroom, kitchen, or garage for a GFCI button on an outlet. Go back and try plugging in electrical items one at a time. If one outlet doesn't work; it could be a switched outlet. You can plug two devices into them at one time. A half hot, or switched, outlet is a duplex outlet that has one half of it permanently "hot" while the other half is switched via an ordinary wall switch. Change to another outlet and see if your device works there.
- Carpet accidents
Clean spots on the carpet.
- Dishwasher doesn't clean well or there is a lot of water in the bottom.
Check at the bottom of the dishwasher and be sure there is no blockage.
- Garage door.
Door won't go down or hesitates going up or down.
- Garage door.
Door chain is disengaged.
- Refrigerator temperature.
First check to be sure that the freezer section is not jammed full of food. The refrigerator section gets its cold air from the freezer section and needs to circulate the air to do so. There is a drain at the bottom of the refrigerator section that needs to be clear.
- Drains are clogged.
Tub and sink drains need to be cleared of hair to keep the pipes free-flowing.
- Fluorescent light bulbs.
How to change out the bulbs.
- Forced air fan heaters.
How to clean the heaters.
- Privacy handle locks.
How to unlock a privacy handle (the kind that locks without a key from the inside.)
- Pumps in your house that pump water out.
How a Sump Pump works.
You can pay your rent by:
- Stopping by the office Monday through Friday between 8:30am and 5:00pm or drop it through the RENT dropslot.
- Dropping it in the mail so that it is delivered here BEFORE the due date and time on your lease. Remember mail delivery is your responsibility.
- Pay on line via EFT or credit/debit card at Paylease.com or call PayLease at 1-866-729-5327.
If you need to give us written notice to vacate, please use these forms. Please remember to fill in all the blanks.
In the case of an emergency and you cannot get through to the office, please complete a work request and give the office enough time to get its phone lines up and running. If you can include a cell phone number, that would be helpful. Major catastrophes are handled on a priority basis. We want you to be safe. It is also our intent to secure the building to prevent further damage. That may mean that you will not be able to live there for awhile. Please give the office a chance to get the insurance inspectors out to the property. Secure your own belongings, then the building. Please do not go back into a building that has been condemned, boarded up, or in any other way prohibited access. We will do our best to contact you and get your home back to livability standards.